Monday, May 31, 2010

Rhubarb Attempt #2

Tis the season of rhubarb! My first rhubarb cake was pretty tasty, but I needed more! Martha Stewart always has good suggestions and this rhubarb galette did not let me down. Both treats were equally humble and delicious, this one maybe slightly fancier than the first. I also love the presentation, so rustic and pretty. The cornmeal crust is good, and even though I am not a pie crust maker this was super easy. Next time I might cut down on the cinnamon because it tasted a little bit too much like apple pie, but then again I don't like too much cinnamon in anything. However, this would be good with apples too. I also don't mess with any of this unsalted butter business because salted butter is just fine with me. In addition I didn't have eggs or turbinado sugar, but it turned out fine anyway. Maybe my problem with baking is that I cannot bring myself to be prepared enough to be exact with anything? Oh well, it was still delicious! Next up, my mom's cobbler recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment