Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rainy Day Soup

Every year starting with Thanksgiving I go through a turkey phase where I swear that we should eat turkey all year long since it is so delicious. By the time the next Thanksgiving roles around I realize I have forgotten about that declaration and that I am now craving turkey.

This year I bought a turkey right after the holidays and put it in the freezer. On Monday I had the desire to eat this turkey, so at 6:00 at night I roasted the sucker. Jordan and I feasted on turkey legs Medieval style at about 10:30 that night and I put the rest in the fridge for delicious turkey leftovers. I did not take into account that a 15 pound turkey would feed two people for about four months. My solution: freezing half of it, turkey hash (which provided us with leftovers of leftovers),and using the rest for turkey noodle soup.

It is now Saturday night, and rainy and cold, and on the stove is a HUGE pot of turkey noodle soup. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment